Which pump is right for you?
Whether you are a first-time pump patient, or thinking about upgrading your current pump, you want to make the right decision. Here is some information to help you compare the advantages of different pumps and make the decision that's right for you:
After years of research, including thousands of in-depth conversations with people with diabetes and health care providers, Tandem Diabetes Care® brings you the t:slim Insulin Pump, the first insulin pump with a touch screen that embodies a fresh new design approach and offers the most requested features asked for in a next-generation insulin pump for diabetes.
- Color Touch Screen
- Micro Delivery Technology
- 300 Unit Cartridge
- Rechargeable Battery
- Watertight (IPX7)
- USB Connectivity
- t:connect Application
- Slimmest pump on the market
- Advanced Technology
- Ultra Strong / Built to last
- As an integrated insulin pump and CGM system, the MiniMed 530G system offers better control than multiple daily injections or conventional insulin pumps. It increases confidence to achieve better control.
- Threshold Suspend automatically stops insulin delivery when your sensor glucose values reach a preset low threshold giving you increased confidence for better control.
- CGM integration provides readings every five minutes. Allowing you to identify trends and make adjustments to your lifestyle or treatment
- Predictive alerts notify you up to 30 minutes before you reach a certain sensor glucose level. Helping you to react sooner to low and high sensor glucose levels
- Accurate Enlite sensor features a 31% improvement in overall accuracy versus Sof-sensor® glucose sensor1. More reliable detection of high and low glucose levels
- Bolus Wizard calculates an insulin bolus amount with minimal button pushes, making life easier and helping prevent calculation errors.
- OneTouch® Ping™ is a glucose management system - the meter-remote and the insulin pump communicate and share information wirelessly
- Meter-remote can actually control pump functions - calculate a bolus and tell the pump to deliver it, and view your basal rate without having to look at the pump
- The meter-remote can store the nutritional values of 500 of your favorite foods, via CalorieKing®, for easy and accurate carb counting on the go
- .025-unit basal increments
- Flat panel color screen uses the same screen technology as the latest televisions - self-illuminating, high contrast, and viewable from a wide angle
- Waterproof to 12 feet for 24 hours
- AA Lithium battery lasts 6-8 weeks
- Available in silver, blue, black, pink, and green
So much more than a meter: The ACCU-CHEK Aviva combo “smart meter” makes pump therapy easy and discreet.
- Bluetooth technology provides 2-way wireless communication to let you control your pump with your meter
- Meter screen displays your current insulin pump screen
- The Bolus Advice function:
- Allows you use a current blood sugar reading to easily and quickly calculate and deliver a bolus with one device
- Accounts for active insulin from previously delivered boluses to reduce the risk of accidental bolus stacking, which can lead to hypoglycemia
- Programmable reminders make sure you take appropriate actions when needed
- Full-color, on-screen graphs of blood sugar and bolus data help you track your progress anywhere
- Flexibility to adjust your basal rate to as low as 0.05 units/hour
- Temporary Basal Rate function lets you quickly adjust basal rate delivery to match your needs
- Pumps can operate independently of the meter
- Largest available cartridge size in the market holds up to 315 units of insulin
- The Pod weighs just 1.2 ounces with a full reservoir — so comfortable you’ll forget you’re wearing an insulin pump, and it's watertight so you can bathe, swim and be as active as you like
- Hands-free, automated insertion and priming — minimizes hassles and errors, and takes insertion needles and pain out of the game
- Built-in FreeStyle® blood glucose meter
- Food library of over 1,000 common foods helps you count the carbs
- No need to wear the PDM on your belt; just put it in your pocket, backpack, or handbag — wherever you would normally keep your BG meter
- Optional "Skins" available in a wide variety of colors